Twenty-Five Random Facts

01. I don't really considerable my self all that fasionable. I don't even think I have my own sense of style. You would never guess how much thought I put into getting dressed. But not in an insecure kinda way, it's actually really fun for me. I absolutely love reading about fashion, i can spend hours, literally.

02. I absolutely adore TV. Can't get enough of it. All sorts of it. Not reality so much, but a lot of mystery stuff, comedy, regular drama, sci-fi. I watch a lot of cartoons. All types: The Batman, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Family Guy, Kim Possible, The Weekenders, Wolverine and the X-men, Teen Titans, Ben 10. I'm pretty hardcore.

03. I hate being told what to do. Which is probably why I'm so dead set against growing up. And why I'm suuuuuuuuuuuper lazy. Not sure if that one's cause or effect.

04. I love shopping. I spend a ridiculous amount of money on clothes. I looked in my closet the other day only to realize that half of the stuff i buy only get's worn once, if ever.

05. If my parents would let me, I'd be a writer. I wrote four novels last year, and they sit on my computer collecting cyber-dust. I'm in my second year of university right now, but I still don't really want to BE anything.

06. Everyone thinks I'm "the good girl." Which isn't completely wrong, but it makes it really hard to be really, truly honest.

07. I absolutely love jeans. To me they're more comfy than pajamas and sweats.

08. I'm not so good at making friends. I'm incredibly nice, but I tend to inadvertedly keep people at a distance. Not sure why that is. That said, I have seven best friends who are absolutely AMAZING.

09. September is a really good month. Everything's new again, and school's not too hard and the weather is awesome. It's not surprising that fall is my favourite season.

10. I have my licence, but my parents don't really let me drive.

11. I absolutely LOVE singing, but I'm only average at it. I'm one of the singers at my church. I've given up on magically getting discovered, but I still sing on street corners and in bus shelters.

12. I absolutely HATE rap or hip-hop or whatever. The only thing i hate more then music like that are the people who assume i like it just cause i'm black. Believe me, it happens.

13. I've never told anyone I liked them. I've also never been in a real relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if those things go hand in hand. But I'm still probably NEVER going to tell a guy I like them. I'm super nervous around boys.

14. I have a love-hate relationship with McDonald's Happy Meals. The toy makes the meal worthwhile.

15. When I was younger I was convinced my mom was Oprah. They had the same kind of hair a little while back. And Oprah was always on TV when my mom was away. Like ALWAYS. I never saw them at the same time. And I thought she was lying to protect her secret identity. Like a superhero.

16. I absolutely HATE school. Despite it. The twelve weeks it was on strike were among the happiest of my life.

17. I can't touch my toes. My legs are too long and I have a stumpy torso.

18. I really need a new job. The people there are great and all, and i probably have the best boss ever but the other day i had this horrible vision of myself in twenty years still making balloon bouquets. It was frightening. I had a nasty haircut.

19. I'm not one of those people that has to be FIRST, you know? I don't have to be the first person to discover this trend or that artist. And I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid the bandwagon if it happens to be something I like.

20. I love movies too! In pretty much the same genres as I like TV shows. One of my life's goals is to get my own page on IMDb. Not necessarily for acting. Not sure how that'll get done though.

21. One of my favourite places? The Olive Garden in Times Square. Good food and great view. I'd love to go back there.

22. I really don't like water. Never have. Water, pools, the beach. Hate it all. This is so gross, but as a kid, I used to run the water for my bath or whatever but never get in. I shower now, don't worry.

23. I have a horrible addiction to lipgloss. Like awful. I buy at least one a week and carry min. 10 on me at a time. That's the main reason my purse is so big.

24. Expanding on 22, I absolutely DESPISE rain. But I love when it rains while the sun is shining. (Sunshower, haha) I think it kind of is like my life. As Josh Groban said, "the sun's still above all the rain that's coming down." That helps me get through the rough days.

25. I may not know you, but I'm really glad you're reading this.

Stay tuned!

-lovelovelove.
(Song of the Day: The Middle, Demi Lovato)

today's been this bittersweet mix of good and bad and i'm not sure how i feel about things on the whole. today was my first day back to school. why, you may ask, is my first day back to school in the middle of february? my school was on strike for twelve weeks. and while most students were protesting and screaming bloody murder i was having the best three months of my life. i had a plethora of celebrations for my birthday, i wrote a novel, i went to an audition (that i didn't make, but still had the most amazing experience doing), i got closer with my cousins, watched a crap load of tv. In a word, it was awesome. And school just isn't. it's the exact opposite actually. i'm going to try to keep this short, assuming of course, that your attention span is as short as mine is.

i was dreading going back to school. literally dreading. i woke up this morning it was snowing and no one was bothering to plough the roads or sidewalks, which meant i had to leave earlier, and which also lead to me falling down and spraining my wrist. i'm kinda clutzy? but i never actually just wipe out on the sidewalk like that. i'm typing this all with my right hand. (which isn't too bad? i can get 40 wpm on this baby, but at least it's not my left) anyway, so basically because of the strike we have to stay in school longer and do more in a shorter time. they were explaining all the stuff we'd have to do and i was overwhelmed before we were halfway in. major suckage. there's this girl in my tuesday class who i wasn't to upset about seeing when we got back, and i managed to avoid her for a little while, but then she showed up in my tutorial. odd and unfortunate. mm. if you don't know who i'm talking about, it's a little weird, but there's a long history with this person that i'm not going to go into right now.

but then, i was on my way home and my mom intercepted WITH my favourite brownie in tow. (the white chocolate brownie from moxie's is my life) which was really really nice and so thoughtful! i'm not even sure how she knew that i was having a bad day. my sister was there, but i wish she wasn't, cause i would've gotten more brownie that way. and now i've made myself sound like a total fattie. awesome. anyway, i came home and chain smoked three episodes of avatar: the last airbender, which put me in a substantially better mood. and my mom COOKED with is so rare and amazing. but then, she flipped out randomly. i'm not even sure what she was mad out. there was just a lot of yelling involved. which you know, sucked again.

a lot of my days aren't clear cut good or bad. but a strange mix of the two, which is what i call *drumroll* the sunshower effect. hope your day's going better than mine is. or at the very least that it's either one thing or another.

-lovelovelove.

it'd make me feel better if i knew someone out there was actually reading this. drop a comment at your leisure