1. today: the sun is shining for the first time in DAYS. i'm thinking i'm going to go out and write on the deck. and i'm also grateful for my grandparents. they live down the street from me, but it's not often that i REALLY spend time with them, you know? i love the way they still stock their house with oreos and sunny d for me. i love the way my grandpa talks about himself in third person. and i love the way, after all these years, they still love each other! i was having a week where it felt like nothing really ever lasted, and kinda feel that they're proof some things always will.
2. i'm looking forward to: seeing funny people with my friend T! i haven't seen him in a long time and the movie looks hilarious.
3. one thing that'll make my week: quotations like these! i'm going to need some help for this week's resolution.

got the photo from here
“The whole idea of motivation is a trap. Forget motivation. Just do it. Exercise, lose weight, test your blood sugar, or whatever. Do it without motivation. And then, guess what? After you start doing the thing, that’s when the motivation comes and makes it easy for you to keep on doing it."
John C. Maxwell