Orginal Post Date: February 11, 2009

i'm still all excited about valentine's day! (can you tell? =P)

1 Like the Sun-Ryan Dan.
can you believe these beautiful men used to be in B44? i still can't get over it. and I love this song. sometimes it makes me cry. best line: Whenever you're close to me, you're like sun.


2 ♥
Back At One - Brian McKnight.
i know this is kinda cliché, but it LOVE this song. it's so cute. totally playing it at my wedding!


3 ♥
Come What May - Moulin Rouge
no offence to pattie page, but the version of this song in the movie is epic. and so beautiful! i love when she's out on her balcony singing it. not gonna lie, i imitate the aforementioned move on my stairs all the time. in fact, as soon as i'm done here, i may go sing it right now! and I'm going to sneak Your Song in here as well, cause i could barely choose between them.


4 ♥ Happy Together - The Turtles.

imagine me and you; i do. enough said =P


5 ♥ I Want To Hold Your Hand - The Beatles.

i don't know if you ever read Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. (read not seen, cause the scene i'm talking about was totally butchered in the movie.) but they had this to say about the song.
"'I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' First single. Freaking* brilliant. Perhaps the most freaking* brilliant song ever written. Because they nailed it. That's what everyone wants. Not 24/7 hot wet sex. Not a marriage that lasts a hundred years. Not a Porsche or a million-dollar crib. No. They wanna hold your hand. They have such a feeling that they can't hide. Every single successful song of the past fifty years can be traced back to 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand.' And every single successful love story has those unbearable and unbearably exciting moments of hand-holding. Trust me. I've thought a lot about this."
But you should really read it in context. It made me MORE in love with this song than I already was.


6 ♥ If You're Not the One - Daniel Bedingfield.

this song was playing when I danced with this guy i was "in love" with in junior high. so it always has special meaning. but it's seriously SO cute. another wedding contender. haha. best lines: "If I'm not made for you than why does my heart tell me that I am."

8
7 ♥ Only Hope - Switchfoot.

i've already proclaimed how much I hate A Walk To Remember, but I'm glad this song came out of it. and the switchfoot version of it is even better than the original one. this song always makes me smile. widely. =) best lines: "Sing to me the songs of the stars." / "I want your symphony, singing in all that I am."


8 ♥ You and I Both - Jason Mraz.

his voice
is love. but this is one of my favourite songs by him (though again, it's hard to pick favourites. best lines: "You and I both love what you and I spoke of, what others only read of the love, the love that I love." I want a love like that!

9 ♥ A Whole New World - Aladdin.

i tried to avoid it. tried to hide it, but I can't. this is seriously one of my FAVOURITE love songs, from my favourite movies =) i'd marry any body with a magic carpet, hot singing voice and a killer smile, rich or not.


10 ♥ With You - Josh Groban.

best for last! even though i could've put EVERY josh groban song on this list, i attempted to be more diverse for once. i could never actually pick a favourite one of his songs, but this is my favourite one to hear on valentine's day. best lines: "And if the stars should disappear, in the dark I'll still be here, forever in your arms where I belong"

Honourable Mentions: When You Say You Love Me, For Always and Si Volvieras a Mi.

i have SO many favourite love songs, and i couldn't even finish them all on this list. what's your favourite love song? =)

-lovelovelove.